Looking for a last minute Thanksgiving gift? Maybe as a small housewarming present or just a “We’re thinking of you” gift. It’s always fun to include the kids in gift giving and, let’s face it, people tend to enjoy it more.
At Thanksgiving, people often think of turkeys. There are several different handprint turkey
ideas all over the internet, so the concept of this isn’t new to me. However, I took the idea and made it useful!
Pot holders. Who doesn’t use pot holders?? Especially on Thanksgiving day! You can buy a 2 pack at Dollar Tree and $1 for a gift certainly isn’t bad!
Here’s what you do:
· First, wash the pot holders so they do any shrinking up front.
· Dry completely.
· Figure out what paint colors you want to use. We used brown and black for the body, green,<strong “mso-bidi-font-weight:=”" normal”=”">yellow, red, and orange for the feathers. We actually used a combination of normal paints and fabric puffy paints. It worked out fine.
· Have plenty of wet and dry paper towels on hand because depending on the age of your kids, this could be messy! My kids were 2 and 8 months. Maybe I was a little crazy, but it turned out!
· Paint your child’s hand with the colors you want. Brown on the palm and different colors on each finger.
· “Stamp” their hand onto the pot holder.
· Wash kids thoroughly.
· After the “turkey” dries, you can add feet, facial features, name, date, etc.
That’s it! Easy, cheap, useful, and memorable Thanksgiving gift!